Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's the little things...really!

So I'm cleaning up the dishes and putting the food away from supper tonight (btw, we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas, and rolls...and Aidan GOBBLED down his potatoes and meatloaf, and ate most of his peas...makes my heart happy to see him eat a good supper!), and I'd just cleaned off Aidan's hands and face...which you would have thought I was using battery acid instead of a baby wipe the way he was carrying on, and had just put him down with his cup of milk to run and play with some toys. So I moved on to wiping his bib and highchair tray off. Typical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just going about my household duties while Aidan was playing. But as I'm wiping off his tray, I feel two little arms wrap around my leg, and look down to see a little head, face buried into my pants leg. This was out of the blue. And it touched my mama heart so much. Just a tender show of affection from my sweet boy to his mama. I don't know what prompted him to stop playing with his toys and run over to give me a hug, but I'm so very touched and oh so glad that he did. It was like he was saying to me, "Thank you, Mama. Thank you for cooking and feeding me, and for cleaning up after me. I love you". And that's how I took it. Made everything I'd done without really getting a moment to sit down and rest SO worth it! Man, I live for moments like this. I really do. Nothing else compares to this...nothing gets better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment