Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Love These (Snow) Days!

Snow days ROCK! We had Monday and today off, and found out just a few hours ago that we'll have tomorrow OFF too! So very grateful and excited about having yet another day at home with my boys! This is the very best, and I CANNOT wait until these days are my every days! So much fun and I feel like I get so much accomplished with caring for the home!


Today was a pretty wet day...a wintry mix started this afternoon and is still continuing as I type. I bundled Aidan up and we headed out to Wal-Mart...which reminded me how much I detest going to Wal-Mart in the first place, and secondly when the weather report is calling for bad weather for pretty much the rest of the week! Sheesh! It was CRAZY in there today! I hadn't been to Wal-Mart in about a month or so, and it looks like it'll be longer before I go back! So after the Wal-Mart chaos, I realized the clock said 3:45, and I knew I only had 15 minutes left to get to Sonic for Happy Hour. I made it! Of course, Sonic's just right across the street from Wal-Mart, but with the hectic Wal-Mart traffic combined with the wet weather, you just never know if you'll make it in time! I got my drink fix...opted for a cranberry limeade today, and just let me say...it was DELISH! Loved it!! I ended up getting a cherry limeade yesterday, and loved it too! Glad to have some new drink faves!
This evening, I just enjoyed supper with Aidan and Chris (and of course, Liam, who let me know he enjoyed it, too!) and then made a homemade pound cake per Chris' request. I'm a huge pound cake fan...my grandmother ALWAYS made THE BEST pound cakes when we'd go visit her, and this recipe I found is not quite as good as hers (let's face it, nothing ever will be!), but it's pretty darn good, if I do say so myself! I love how the bottom has a little bit of crunchiness to it! Yum! Here's my "masterpiece" straight from the oven!




I've also been working on updating Aidan's baby book with pictures and new facts about him, and working on getting Liam's baby book put together. It's so amazing to read back about Aidan when he was teeny tiny and wonder if his little brother will be like him or will be completely different! I can't wait to hold both of my sons in my arms! May will be here soon enough! I am 24 weeks pregnant this week...I've been keeping my pregnancy journal with Liam, just not as up-to-date as I was with Aidan...I feel bad about that, so I've been trying to do better! I want him to read about all my emotions and joys of being pregnant with him, just like Aidan will.

I've decided to post pictures of Liam's new things. The first is his new baby swing from my wonderful parents. We were fortunate enough to borrow a very nice baby swing for Aidan from a friend of mine, but of course, we had to give it back once he outgrew it. So that left us without a swing for Liam. And if he's anything like his big brother, he'll LOVE the swing! I did some research and found the Fisher-Price Rainforest Cradle Swing. I like it for three reasons: 1. It matches the Rainforest bouncer seat and pack-n-play that we got for Aidan and that Liam certainly will use, 2. It has an adapter to plug into the wall so we don't have to go through tons of D batteries like we did with Aidan, and 3. It was on sale at Walmart.com with free site-to-store shipping! I think my parents will like that best of all, since they are generously and kindly getting the swing for us! Here's a picture of Liam's new swing!




Also, my sweet sister-in-law, Jennifer, got Liam his very first brand-new outfit! It's just so cute and I can just picture him in it now! Here it is...


The turtle onesie is just adorable! Love it! It's just amazing to think that in a few short months I will have a little boy able to fit (hopefully!) into this small outfit! Aidan came out weighing 9 lbs. 14 oz, so he never wore newborn sizes...he was in 3 months clothes from day 1! Hope Liam will be a little smaller so he can wear this super cute outfit! Just perfect for my second little boy!

Well, goodnight! Off to catch up on my DVR'd shows...the LOST final season premiere is tonight (SO EXCITED!!!) and the newly renamed 19 Kids and Counting season began tonight too. Two of my favorite shows...and so glad I have a snow day ahead of me to enjoy them and sleep in!!




No comments:

Post a Comment